Account Director - Defence
|Job Title:||Account Director - Defence|
|Job Published:||July 14, 2020 17:33|
We are seeking a passionate, experienced, hands-on Account Director with Defence experience to join FinXL, based in our Canberra office. Reporting to and working closely with the General Manager you will identify major IT services engagements, projects and consulting opportunities and optimise our business performance.
This important leadership role will design the Go To Market national strategy for this fast growing division. You will be responsible for directing, leveraging and driving our business and technology services, ensuring the business is identifying and converting high value ICT service engagements by combining talented resources with proven methodologies to deliver innovative solutions.
Who you are:
The qualities and experience below will be your trademarks:
- Have a demonstrable and proven track record of business development and sales experience in Account Management, IT Recruitment or Professional Services or IT ‘solution sales’ i.e. presenting a ‘concept/solution’ as opposed to a ‘product’ and leveraging from your personal networks
- Have an extensive background in IT and or Commercial/Public Sector proposal capture management to identify, shape and lead competitive procurement
- Demonstrate previous experience engaging with the Department of Defence and related areas/partners
- Demonstrate a good understanding of government procurement and government contract vehicles
- Show experience with complex deal management
- Display commercial acumen to ensure financial growth is achieved through a defined strategic sales / business plaNS
- Have a proven track record in hitting targets, generating new business leads; self-motivated and with a strong desire to exceed personal and team goals
- Show creativity, drive and tenacity, with excellent interpersonal and communications skills
Demonstrate strong negotiation and closing skills along with a competitive edge to help get you up and running quickly.
What will you do?
- Identify and evaluate new business relationships to extend and develop FinXL’s Defence portfolio
- Generate effective sales pipeline and drive from opportunity identification to close, and provide post-sales support as required
- Establish and develop solid relationships at all levels within Defence and provide an effective account management service to identify, maximise and deliver to all Defence sales opportunities
- Assist management in the development of strategic sales and marketing plans
- Demonstrate people-focused behaviours, relationship management, a healthy competitive nature with a passion for Leadership, Sales and Service excellence, with a quality-led approach.
Who are we?
FinXL IT Professional Services was established in 2003 by parent company, the Finite Group, and has an international presence with nine offices across ANZ. FinXL delivers a range of high value ICT professional services, consulting and solutions to medium to large enterprises and government organisations, including many ASX 200 corporations. Service offerings include Digital Transformation, Business Transformation, Project Services, SAP Services, Information Services, Security & Infrastructure, Software Solutions and Technology Services. FinXL won the prestigious ABA100 Australian Business Award for Training in 2019 and Business Innovation the previous year. Group revenues exceeded $450 million in FY19, with a team of over 2,000 consultants working with clients across Australia and New Zealand.
This is a career defining opportunity that will take your leadership profile to the next level. You will be part of a high performing, agile senior leadership team.
For a confidential career discussion, please contact our Group HR Manager, Tom Sherwen on 02 82436816 or apply now
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's