|Job Title:||COBOL Developer|
|Location:||Canberra, Australian Capital Territory|
|Contact Name:||David South|
|Job Published:||November 13, 2020 16:47|
The Senior Development Expert may be responsible for, and/or contributes to the management of a team. Maintaining data integrity within the system is vital to providing accuracy. Completeness and consistency of data increases stability and performance of the system while improving reusability and maintainability. Safety of information is paramount in regards to regulatory compliance and cyber security.
The integrity of data ensures that information stored in the system will always remain complete, accurate and reliable despite any intervention or disruption that may occur. If we do not maintain data integrity this results in inaccuracy's of payments, reduced productivity, increased inefficiencies and operational costs, potential reputational damage of the client.
Key Tasks / Duties may include:
1. translate technical and market trends into development strategy
2. accountable for the analysis, design, development, prototyping, unit testing and maintenance activities
3. ensure compliance with endorsed software development methodologies
4. implement methodology, manage and lead change and actively contribute to the agency's strategic direction
5. develop strategy to ensure high code quality and long-term maintenance of a product's code base
6. ensure development productivity and excellence in quality
7. conduct impact analysis, evaluate, and report on technical feasibility and risks for development projects
8. proactively share knowledge and expertise as the subject matter expert, and provide assistance and mentorship to less experienced colleagues
9. oversee operations of teams, including providing a clear sense of direction, setting work priorities and managing resources
10. provide direction and support to development teams to ensure high quality solution realisation
11. resolve very complex, sensitive and/or escalated technical issues
1. Demonstrated experience as a highly specialised COBOL/Mainframe Developer
2. Demonstrated experience delivering end to end solutions and leading a team of developers in a complex environment.
1. Ability to analyse complex systems, understand architecture and produce high level designs and Solution documents
2. Sound understanding of different design patterns and hands on experience with delivering solutions using JavaEE, web services, Git and DB2.
3. Understands relational database concepts and the use of SQL, and implement high performance database solutions
4. Understands Agile concepts and delivers work in Agile environment
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's