- Immediate start | Canberra Location
- Initial contract for 6 months with another 24 months extensions
- NV1 clearance required - NV2 preferred
FinXL IT Professional Services is an established innovative Australian company providing technology enabled business solutions and consulting services across a number of industries including Government, Telecommunications, Commercial and Finance. We currently have more than 850 consultants assisting our clients across Australia and are continuing to grow at a rapid pace. Through the delivery of services and implementation of new systems, processes and technology, we assist our clients to gain competitive advantage and reach new heights.
FinXL are looking to engage a Cyber Security Engineer to focus on supporting the Infrastructure Support team and the IT Security Advisor, to meet our cyber security requirements.
The key responsibilities include:
- Management and maintenance of security platforms across a range of environments.
- Undertake reporting, investigations, assessment and remediation of security threats for the IT Security Advisor.
- Contribute to solution design, in conjunction with Information Services Branch Architects and the CTO.
- Producing and reviewing project/services delivery documentation including Architecture, Designs, 'As built documentation' and Operating Procedures.
- Building and Maintaining Stakeholder relationships (Including Executives, Business Representatives, project Managers and staff across government).
- Coordination of projects under the direction of the CTO and Infrastructure Manager
- Complete a diverse range of technical tasks within a secure environment.
- Work as part of a high functioning multi-skilled team.
The role requires you to have:
- Demonstrated capability to scope, plan and execute on small projects - including managing, risks and issues, approvals and the balancing of multiple competing priorities.
- A strong working knowledge of the Information Security Manual (ISM), the Protective Security Framework Policy (PSFP), and other International Standards (ISO's).
- Experience working as a security engineer for medium/large enterprise or federal government
- Understanding of system hardening solutions and configurations required to protect sensitive information
- Demonstrated advanced skills in Windows Server technologies, Implementation and management of SIEM technologies, Web Proxy and Secure Email Gateway, Multi Factor Authentication technologies, Conditional Access and Security Policy Implementation and Anti-Malware platforms
FinXL fosters a high-performing, inclusive workplace built on a foundation of excellence, respect and dignity. We take corporate social responsibility seriously through our ongoing activities with communities and staff involvement in these efforts. We are committed to environmentally friendly practices in both our own operations and our work with clients.
To be considered please send applications or contact Sinthu on 02 6243 6415 to discuss further.
FinXL does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.
FinXL encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.