|Job Title:||Data Analyst|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Riddhi Moitra|
|Job Published:||March 17, 2021 10:22|
* Sydney & Melbourne Based
* Opportunity for Data Analyst in Insurance Sector
* Long Term Opportunity
Our Client, is Australia and New Zealand's largest life insurer, with assets of over $31bn and over 1.5 million customers. They have proudly served customers in Australia since 1849 and New Zealand since 1854.
We are looking for a Data Analyst able to extract, transform and load information from/in various database platforms (Oracle/SQL Server/MS Access) and to perform tasks such as data classification, assembly, cleansing and manipulation to generate consistent data files that feed directly into our reporting processes.
What you would do:
Working with Business Analyst Chapter, Data Architecture, Engineering and Analytics, Solution Designers, Delivery leads and SI partners to satisfy data translation needs in support of all reporting needs the successful candidate will be responsible for:
* Acquiring data from different sources (Flat File/Oracle/SQL Server/MS Access/Cloud).
* Interpret data, analyse results using various techniques and provide ongoing reports and data extracts.
* Develop strategies that help improve data quality and business operating efficiency.
* Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
* Work closely with management to prioritise business and information needs, helping the project to prioritise delivery activity.
* Locate and define new process improvement opportunities in the sourcing, management and maintenance of enterprise data.
* Maintaining the technical debt register, items which were delivered, but not in their 'end-state' - like workarounds which need remediation, added to the backlog, then later given priority.
* Consolidation of data and data Integration knowledge within the Finance Domain.
* Manage and guide technical solution from PoV through to MVP.
* Strategic data roadmap for Finance Separation projects in delivering defined outcomes to the business vision.
* Prioritise epic / feature / user story development in liaison across design / architecture / development / testing to guide minimisation of tech debt.
* Resource management to optimise delivery within Sprint roadmap, setting objectives, articulating outcomes.
You will have the following skills/experience:
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
* Knowledge and experience using various database solutions for analysing large datasets an advantage (Oracle, SQL Server, Excel, MS Access)
* Programming in our current ETL tool (DCS) and assisting with VBA development
* A strong programming background (VBA/python) would beneficial.
* Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
* Proven ability to work proactively with a use of initiative and early escalation of issues
Ideal Experience :
* Proven working experience as a data analyst
* Ideally within Financial Services / Life Insurance
* Technical expertise regarding data models, design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
* At least five years SQL and database experience
* IT bachelor's degree or demonstrated on the job experience
What's on offer
Long Term Contract (12 months)
If you would like to be considered, please send applications or contact Riddhi Moitra on 8243 6827 to discuss further or apply on line. Job Reference : S33
Who we are
FinXL IT Professional Services is an established, innovative Australian company, providing technology enabled business solutions and consulting services across a number of industries. These include; Government, Telecommunications, Commercial and Finance. We currently have more than 1200 consultants assisting our clients across Australia and are continuing to grow at a rapid pace. Through the delivery of services and implementation of new systems, processes and technology, we assist our clients to gain competitive advantage and reach new heights.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's