|Job Title:||Data Developer|
|Location:||Canberra, Australian Capital Territory|
|Contact Name:||Sinthu Thomas|
|Job Published:||January 27, 2022 09:16|
- Mar 2022 start | Canberra Location
- Initial contract until Jun 2022 with 2 * 12 months extension options
- Australian Citizenship required - Ability to obtain Baseline clearance
FinXL IT Professional Services is an established innovative Australian company providing technology enabled business solutions and consulting services across a number of industries including Government, Telecommunications, Commercial and Finance. We currently have more than 850 consultants assisting our clients across Australia and are continuing to grow at a rapid pace. Through the delivery of services and implementation of new systems, processes and technology, we assist our clients to gain competitive advantage and reach new heights.
FinXL are looking to engage multiple MS SQL Data Developers to work in a high performing data warehousing team delivering analytics and workload measurement.
The key responsibilities include:
- Obtain in-depth knowledge of a business area through data analysis and engagement and consultation with subject matter experts within business
- Develop data models to meet specified business requirements that will allow future integration with other reporting products
- Develop highly optimised SQL scripts in ELT scenarios
- Write clear, business meaningful, code documentation that explains the intent and mechanics of scripts
- Follow good programming practices and team programming conventions
The role requires you to have:
- Skills and proven experience in solving complex SQL problems is paramount. This role requires a code-first approach with proven ability to have SQL-first, ELT, method to resolve complex business problems. Experience in commercial tools not a high priority as role will not use commercial tools such as ErWIN, SSIS, DataStage.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver combined business analyst, data modeller and ETL developer services. This role will propose, negotiate, and create all the data transformation logic for business. The role will not separate between data modelling and ELT development.
- Ability to work independently in a rigorous, yet extremely rapid, environment. Ability to deliver incremental production changes on a weekly to fortnightly basis. Ability to adapt quickly with flexibility to changing demand and priorities.
- Familiarity with the department's business processes in exports and biosecurity highly desired.
- SQL Server query tuning, including the ability to diagnose problems using the query planner.
- SQL Server Analysis Services: Tabular modelling, DAX.
- Advance computer science/software programming skills.
FinXL fosters a high-performing, inclusive workplace built on a foundation of excellence, respect and dignity. We take corporate social responsibility seriously through our ongoing activities with communities and staff involvement in these efforts. We are committed to environmentally friendly practices in both our own operations and our work with clients.
To be considered please send applications or contact Sinthu on 02 6243 6415 to discuss further.
FinXL does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.
FinXL encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Data Analyst
Sydney CBD, New South Wales
Data Solution Architects x 6
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
Front End Developer -12 Month Contract
Wellington Central, Wellington
Newcastle, New South Wales
Senior Business Analyst - Contract
Wellington Central, Wellington
NZ$120 - NZ$130 per hour