|Specialisation:||Banking & Financial Services|
FinXL IT Professional Services is an established, innovative Australian company, providing technology enabled business solutions and consulting services across a number of industries. These include; Government, Telecommunications, Commercial and Finance. We currently have more than 1200 consultants assisting our clients across Australia and are continuing to grow at a rapid pace. Through the delivery of services and implementation of new systems, processes and technology, we assist our clients to gain competitive advantage and reach new heights.
The Role- Data Engineer
Our client, a large Sydney CBD based finance institute, is looking for an experienced Data Engineer. You will be part of a data science team operationalising insights on a modern data platform. As an experienced Data Engineer, you will help us build the next generation of data analytics solutions within our client’s technology capability group. You’ll bring your in-depth knowledge of big data technologies best practice and a desire to work in a DevOps environment where you will have end-to-end ownership for developing, deploying and supporting your data assets.
Who you are
· Data Warehousing/ETL concepts or have worked on similar projects
· Strong knowledge of Linux and Unix
· Experience with AWS or equivalent other cloud environments - any or all of EC2, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, EMR, Redshift, Glue, Athena, Apache Parquet
· Experience on frameworks on Hadoop, Spark, distributed SQL, and/or noSQL query engines
· understanding of SQL/APIs
· Experience in Python, R or Java
· Working knowledge of Big Data querying tools like Hive or Presto- preferred
· Exposure to, or an understanding of machine learning and self-serve analytics principles.
· Banking background preferred
If you would like to be considered, please send your application to Rosanna at RosannaC@Finxl.com.au or click the apply button.