|Job Title:||Database Administrator|
|Location:||Canberra, Australian Capital Territory|
|Contact Name:||Chins Christopher|
|Job Published:||January 17, 2022 15:47|
ASAP start | Canberra Location
Contract opportunity until 30th June 2022 with 12 months extension
Australian Citizen - Must have an NV1 clearance
FinXL IT Professional Services is an established innovative Australian company providing technology enabled business solutions and consulting services across a number of industries including Government, Telecommunications, Commercial and Finance. We currently have more than 850 consultants assisting our clients across Australia and are continuing to grow at a rapid pace. Through the delivery of services and implementation of new systems, processes and technology, we assist our clients to gain competitive advantage and reach new heights.
FinXL are looking to engage a Database administrator to lead the administration and management of data systems.
Most functions from the previous management system have been transitioned into new replacement system, resulting in several new capability management modules to support various phases of the capability lifecycle. The new database system is being developed using .Net frameworks, C#, SQL Server databases, and COGNOS Frameworks and reporting.
The duties and responsibilities include:
- Administration, monitoring, configuration, upgrade and install Microsoft SQL Server databases including delivery of service
- Performance of regular database backups, and ensure backups will support recovery needs;
- Maintain the performance and availability of databases that store information
- Develop and maintain procedures and documentation for database;
- Design and implement changes to databases to support new information requirements.
The role requires you to:
- Work collaboratively with the team and other branch members to deliver the outcomes.
- Develop and maintain professional, respectful and positive relationships with users, product owners, and suppliers.
- Be highly effective in managing multiple, concurrent activities, while understanding and managing priorities, dependencies and risk.
- Evaluate and Develop Data Analysis models and procedures.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other team members, APS and third parties as required.
- Monitor and the ability to troubleshoot any Database Replication issues
- Sound knowledge in SQL Server performance features such as In-Memory OLTP.
- Experience in SSIS, SSRS
FinXL fosters a high-performing, inclusive workplace built on a foundation of excellence, respect and dignity. We take corporate social responsibility seriously through our ongoing activities with communities and staff involvement in these efforts. We are committed to environmentally friendly practices in both our own operations and our work with clients.
To be considered please send applications or contact Sinthu on 02 6243 6409 to discuss further.
FinXL does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.
FinXL encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's