Desktop Support Technician
|Job Title:||Desktop Support Technician|
|Location:||Canberra, Australian Capital Territory|
|Contact Name:||Chins Christopher|
|Job Published:||February 11, 2022 15:06|
ASAP Start | Canberra Location
Initial contract until June 2022 with multiple extensions
Australian citizens preferably with baseline clearance and ability to obtain NV1 clearance
FinXL is seeking, for a federal government client, Desktop Support Technicians to join the Desktop Support team. The team is responsible for the deployment and management of end-user hardware and software, as well as a range of networking, mobile and telephony products, and provide high quality customer service to a range of internal and external clients. The position is expected to be full time - an average of 40 hours per week, and will be based at sites in the ACT. Travel to sites outside of the ACT is minimal and occasional out of hours work will also be required periodically. The successful candidate will be required to work onsite in Canberra Office, however flexible working conditions will be considered.
The key responsibilities include:
- Management of incidents and requests using approved IT Service Management tools
- Windows 10 and Office 365 System Administration
- Preparation and deployment of Windows 10 and mobile devices
- Face-to-face and remote user support (including for VIP staff)
- Provide videoconferencing support to Departmental staff
- On-call as required (weekdays and weekends)
- Other duties as directed
The successful applicant would be required to have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively within and across teams
- Adaptable to new and changing/evolving processes and procedures
- A passion for delivering excellent customer service
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage conflicting priorities
- Experience working with Microsoft Products, including Windows Operating Systems and the Microsoft Office Suite (desirable)
- Experience in supporting iPhones and iPads (desirable)
- The ability to Communicate with maturity, discretion and influence when dealing with clients and stakeholders
- Experience working in technical support or customer support environment
- Demonstrated ability to respond with assistance to general enquires and requests from internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to contribute and promote a client focused culture within the team
- Focus on offering solutions
- Able to work under pressure to meet customer expectations
About the Company:
FinXL fosters a high-performing, inclusive workplace built on a foundation of excellence, respect and dignity. We take corporate social responsibility seriously through our ongoing activities with communities and staff involvement in these efforts. We are committed to environmentally friendly practices in both our own operations and our work with clients.
To be considered please send applications or contact Chins on 02 6243 6409 to discuss further.
FinXL does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.
FinXL encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's