FinXL IT Professional Services is an innovative Australian owned company providing our clients with technology enabled business solutions and consulting services.The Finite group is a multi-award winning consultancy recognised across Australia and New Zealand for excellence in recruitment for the technology consultancy space. We have 20 years of year on year success. Our teams specialise in the following areas of technology recruitment (contract and permanent): DevOps | Business Intelligence | Big Data | Analytics | Infrastructure | Engineering | Digital; iOS Android| Front End Development| Back End Development | UX | UI | Research | Project Management | Change Management | AdOps | Service Delivery |
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Engineering Manager to join one of the largest mainstream Banks in the Melbourne CBD.
Our Client has identified the need for an Engineering Manager for leadership of one or more engineering scrum teams to plan, deliver and support service features that deliver customer value and/or mature service capability. Accountable for the strategic development of service/s, vendor and business relationship management, including financial accountability. They are now seeking to establish sustainable and mature delivery capability enabling responsive and consistent approaches to:
• be more responsive and adaptive when dealing with business and technology changes;
• focus on the highest value business requirements;
• build and sustaining empowered and valued teams;
• provide clear and transparent visibility of progress; and
• achieve optimum utilisation of resources.
The successful applicant will manage a functional area or a collection of related activities to achieve identified objectives. Employees within this Group would be expected to provide advice for a variety of diverse tasks or problems based on the application of judgement in their area of expertise/responsibility.
Other duties will include;
• Managing the design, development and testing of customer / colleague and technology features/stories in line with service priorities
• Leading an agile delivery scrum team outputs including: engineering standards, sprint backlogs and plans, engineers' responsibilities and performance management, code quality, adherence to development guardrails, testing etc
• Supporting code in production
• Qualifying (as requests for work) and managing delivery from downstream service teams and/or third party vendors in line with service boundaries
• Leveraging and exploiting cloud solutions, DevOps, testing automation, etc.
The successful applicant will demonstrate at a minimum, five years in a similar, senior position and be able to confidently demonstrate all applicable knowledge of technologies, Agile practices and team leadership. Experience in the Banking sector will be highly regarded
Depending on level of capability, other duties will be applicable.
If you would like to be considered, please send applications to Kamal Mann on email@example.com or click the apply button.
Please note: Given the expected volume of applications, only short listed applicants will be contacted.