FTTx Design Engineer
|Job Title:||FTTx Design Engineer|
|Job Published:||June 25, 2020 18:59|
• Remote work
• Leading Enterprise Client
• Competitive Remuneration
FinXL is seeking multiple FTTx Design Engineers with exposure to EMS (Element Management System). With this assignment we are looking for someone who’s primary area of expertise is design/test in the Management System area but still has some general FTTx Access network knowledge/experience so they are able do some Access Network testing.
The ideal consultant is an individual who has experience with development of end-to-end telecommunication network capabilities in particular EMS's in the FTTx space.
The Engineer acts as a subject matter expert for related FTTx capability delivery and actively contributes to design and test activities, including but not limited to:
• Providing Engineering work breakdown (Epics into user stories), sizing and commitments for Program Increment (PI) planning and on an ongoing basis with fellow Delivery Team members.
• Developing high quality Engineering High Level and Detailed Designs, Configurations, Scripts and Guides to enhance, augment and maintain FTTx networks and management systems.
• Contributing to the success of Quarterly Program Increment (PI) planning workshops, daily stand-ups, team demonstrations/showcases, iteration planning, and retrospectives.
• Performing Development Testing, System Integration Test, Deployment Guide testing, Interpreting test results , Supporting First Time Deployments and Operational handover activities through to production stability.
• Troubleshooting defects and engaging with external and internal stakeholders for resolution
• The Engineer must have strong knowledge and hands on experience in RedHat Linux and Scripting (Python, Shell, Perl).
• The Engineer must have experience with some of the following protocols and standards: TCP/IP, Ethernet, DHCP, NTP, TR069, NETCONF, YANG, JSON and XML.
• Experience across some of the following : VMware, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible or Puppet would be advantageous.
• Some hands on experience with databases including MySQL, MariaDB & MongoDB would be beneficial.
• The successful candidate should also have worked with some of these tools - Postman & SOAPUi, Spirent Test Centre, Telebyte and Git
• Some experience with xDSL and GPON technologies including associated Customer Premises Equipment would be favourable
What’s on offer
This is a long-term engagement with a high profile organisation with highly competitive remuneration on offer.
If you would like to be considered, please send your application to Evan Gavin on email@example.com or click the apply button.
FinXL IT Professional Services is an established, innovative Australian company, providing technology enabled business solutions and consulting services across a number of industries. These include; Government, Telecommunications, Commercial and Finance. We currently have more than 1200 consultants assisting our clients across Australia and are continuing to grow at a rapid pace. Through the delivery of services and implementation of new systems, processes and technology, we assist our clients to gain competitive advantage and reach new heights.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's