|Job Title:||Hadoop Administrator|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Riddhi Moitra|
|Job Published:||July 20, 2021 10:16|
Our client, large Financial Group with global operations is seeking a passionate Hadoop Administrator to work on exciting project for an initial 12 months contract.
We are looking for an experienced Hadoop administrator to support our Cloudera cluster. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic and innovative team. You will get to work on a broad range of projects and as the cluster is hosted on AWS so you will gain an in depth understanding of Amazon's Cloud offering.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Troubleshooting and resolving complex technical issues e.g. Impala query/Spark performance
* Providing technical support and guidance to users of the platform
* Monitoring performance and ensuring that the cluster's resources are used efficiently
* Ensuring the cluster is secured and meets backup and resiliency requirements
* Deploying and configuring new services to support new projects/initiatives
* Managing the underlying infrastructure of the cluster in AWS
* Working closely with data scientists and data engineers to ensure the smooth operation of the platform
To excel in this role, you will have:
* 5+ years Hadoop administration experience (including at least 2 years on Cloudera)
* In depth knowledge of Spark, Hive and Impala
* Good knowledge of AWS (including EC2, S3 and EBS)
* Good knowledge of Linux
* Good communication skills
What's on offer
12 Months contract with Competitive Remuneration.
If you would like to be considered or know more about the role, please send applications or contact Riddhi Moitra on 8243 6827 to discuss further or apply online.
Job Reference: S33
Who we are
FinXL IT Professional Services is an established, innovative Australian company, providing technology enabled business solutions and consulting services across a number of industries. These include; Government, Telecommunications, Commercial and Finance. We currently have more than 1200 consultants assisting our clients across Australia and are continuing to grow at a rapid pace. Through the delivery of services and implementation of new systems, processes and technology, we assist our clients to gain competitive advantage and reach new heights.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's