Linux System Administrator
|Job Title:||Linux System Administrator|
|Job Published:||January 08, 2020 17:21|
FinXL IT Professional Services is an established, innovative Australian company, providing technology enabled business solutions and consulting services across a number of industries. These include; Government, Telecommunications, Commercial and Finance. We currently have more than 1200 consultants assisting our clients across Australia and are continuing to grow at a rapid pace. Through the delivery of services and implementation of new systems, processes and technology, we assist our clients to gain competitive advantage and reach new heights.
Our client, a large Artamon based financial organisation, is looking for an experienced Linux System Administrator.
Please note, the role has out of hours work and has rostered On-Call components.
• Provide technical support including installation, configuration, maintenance, security and compliance
• Support various infrastructure platforms such as Backup, DNS, Logging and Monitoring
• Accommodate software installation and upgrade projects for application owners
• Intel Hardware configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting, installation and upgrade of physical servers
• Development of technical standards and associated documentation
• Infrastructure design / architecture and environmental review
• Security and operational incident response
• OS Patch Implementation, administration and status monitoring
Who you are
You will have the following skills/experience
• 5+ years in Linux System Administration including troubleshooting experience
• 3+ years deploying Linux SOEs across physical, virtual and cloud environments
• Exposure to working with automation and compliance tools for maintaining uniformity across Linux environments (e.g. Puppet, Ansible, Red Hat Satellite)
• Good understanding in scripting languages, preferably Python
• Familiarity with using modern Linux based monitoring and logging platforms
• Familiarity with configuring and maintaining physical Intel server hardware
• Strong understanding of storage concepts and FC/IP based storage protocols
• Strong understanding of networking concepts and TCP/UDP based protocols
• Good communication skills
What’s on offer
This is a 6 months’ engagement with a high profile organisation working on a fast pace project.
If you would like to be considered, please send your application to Julia Leung on email@example.com or click the apply button.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's