Manager Project Consolidation
|Job Title:||Manager Project Consolidation|
|Job Published:||February 04, 2019 16:01|
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Manager, Project Consolidation to join one of the biggest banks in the Sydney CBD.
You will be joining an existing experienced team, supporting the Head of Finance Portfolio & Expense Allocations and the Senior Manager of Project Consolidation and the Project Management Office with regular analysis, forecasting and reporting and governance around the ~30 Projects being undertaken by the company.
- Lead and work with project managers and business stakeholders to provide robust project financial profiles, forecasts and insights that support decision making.
- Engage with key stakeholders (e.g. HOF, Head of COO and CFO) to provide regular project financial updates and forward looking insights to call out any early risks/issues and opportunities.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders: business unit finance teams, project/ program managers, Enterprise Investment Services team, and wider stakeholder groups (other relevant business units).
Project Consolidation - Reporting and Forecasting:
- Prepare timely and accurate finance performance reports, used by senior management across the organisation.
- Analysis of financial results leading to actionable advice, identification of opportunities and risk, and maximum benefit realisation
- Complete month end activities ensuring compliance and consistency with accounting policies and project guidelines.
- Review balance sheet and fixed asset registers to understand future amortisation/depreciation impacts.
- Complete the quarterly finance forecast, co-ordinating with EPF to deliver expected results against tight deadlines.
- Prepare half yearly and annual project information for inclusion in the results pack/presentations.
Project Accounting & Support
- Support the project streams, and wider BTFG finance times in all project activities as required.
- Track actual spend, opex and benefits against target and forecast; identify and communicate any risks/ issues/ opportunities to the financial target/ forecast.
- Support the team during forecast and target setting period to understand the allocation of Group Costs and how those costs are allocated down to business units. Articulate any changes or impacts to the relevant stakeholders.
- Assist team with the input of methodologies in to the Profit Line Allocation tool (PLA) for Group Allocation costs and Business unit to Business unit allocations.
- Support Business Unit teams to understand the drivers of their allocations and how they can directly support in reducing expenses.
- Educate the teams around the use of the PLA tool and work with them through monthly reporting, and quarterly forecasting processes.
- Actively participate in continuously improving processes, information gathering and advice of the team.
Who you are
You will have the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in financial management, preferably in project Finance or financial services.
- Strong MS Excel skills essential
- Proven ability to apply knowledge of accounting systems & methodologies.
- Excellent relationship management skills with a proven ability to build partnerships with key stakeholders
- Understands priorities and key issues for projects
- Experience using TM1 and Powerpoint and Clarity
What’s on offer?
- Large, well known organisation
- Great work culture
- 6 month contract
Who we are
The Finite group is a multi-award winning consultancy recognised across Australia and New Zealand for excellence in recruitment for the technology consultancy space. We have 20 years of year on year success. Our teams specialise in the following areas of technology recruitment (contract and permanent): DevOps | Business Intelligence | Big Data | Analytics | Infrastructure | Engineering | Digital; iOS Android| Front End Development| Back End Development | UX | UI | Research | Project Management | Change Management | AdOps | Service Delivery |
If you would like to be considered, please send applications to Karina Everson on email@example.com or click the apply button!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's