General Summary - Material Planner
This position co-ordinates planning of inventory and inventory drivers, suppliers, 3PL to ensure timely and efficient logistics flow and minimizing waste associated with inventory and time.
Communicate with customer service, sales, demand planners and product line management on order status, expedites and reschedules in real time.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work to achieve no out of stock and timely purchase for made to order product.
- First point of contact / escalation point for any issues, queries and questions for assigned area
- Daily scheduling of new demands in SAP within 48hrs
- Create and maintain supply orders in line with demands
- Daily MRP execution for all requirements planning
- Maintain date accuracy on orders
- Track internal & external supply orders to ensure they ship on time
- Manage and Escalate any shipment delays that may affect customer ship dates
- Ensure supply is available on time to make physical shipment to the customer
- Communicate with logistics & external parties to provide updates on incoming supply, expediting the process where possible
- Attend and drive daily meetings with the Logistics team key stakeholders to ensure materials are available to meet the daily/weekly shipment plan the customer required date.
- Analyze safety stocks, lead times, shipping routes & forecast to provide recommendations to the Demand Planning.
- Analyze and report on slow moving inventory
- Maintain planning master data to ensure accurate planning and replenishment.
- Identify changes to Planning master data through periodic review of data and performance.
- Maintain all purchase and sales documents in SAP
- Maintain planning process and ERP systems utilizing global best practice
- Maintain work instructions and procedure documents in defined and controlled manner.
- Provide support to Demand Planner/Product Management, on forecast review and recommend forecast changes as required.
- Work with vendors, including inter entity, external and contract manufacturers, to ensure efficient and timely delivery of orders
- Co-ordinate with relevant stakeholders to ensure efficient and timely processing of inventory and orders
- Manage inventory replenishment using agreed methodology and tools to delivery exceptional customer service.
- Coordinate introduction of new products and engineering changes to existing products. Advise availability for new products and effective dates for product changes to control product and material inventory
- Accurately and effectively communicates to the Planning Supervisor, Manager, Customer Service, Sales and Product Management issues and opportunities.
- Completes other duties as assigned by manager.
- Pro-actively monitor and report expected out of stocks and deviations for defined KPI's, focusing on root causes and issue resolving.
Include demonstrated competencies and physical, mental, & interpersonal skills.
- SAP experience essential
- Preferably completed APICS CPIM
- Ability to liaise between Customer Service, Vendors, Purchasing, Sales, Product Line Management and Demand Management. Within this environment it will be essential to continuously develop and improve systems and processes to enhance department and company performance.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and communicate with personnel of various levels and disciplines
- Must have planning experience in supply chain management, procurement, contract manufacturing, or related field.
- Must have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated ability to communicate and build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability of using analytical and problem-solving skills to analyze data and offer business recommendations
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint