Network Engineer (M2)
|Job Title:||Network Engineer (M2)|
|Contact Name:||Gretchen Chapman|
|Job Published:||September 16, 2021 18:05|
FinXL IT Professional Services is an established innovative Australian company providing technology enabled business solutions and consulting services across a number of industries including Telecommunications, Government and Finance.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Network Engineer to join our market leading client.
- Melbourne/Sydney/Brisbane or New Zealand locations
- Initial contract for 6 months with extension options
What will you be doing?
The Network Engineer will join our client's senior technical team, focused on Tier 1 IP network solutions. The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Network designs
- Engineering and quotes
- Assisting customers + regional engineers performing technical tasks (test plans, lab proof or concepts, demos and software updates)
- Ciena Solutions experience/knowledge would be highly regarded.
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Knowledge of Data Networking, Carrier Ethernet, IP/MPLS, IGP/BGP routing, Segment Routing, Route Optimization and Assurance, EVPN and other Adaptive IP network architectures.
- Knowledge of 4G/5G wireless networking, xRAN, and front/mid/backhaul network systems.
- Familiarity with SDN, network virtualization as well as Public, Private and Edge cloud.
- Working technical knowledge of IP/MPLS networks, architectures and network management.
- Experience with automation (e.g. python ansible) and analytics in networking operations.
- Exposure to next Gen management interfaces including NETCONF/YANG, gRPC, gNMI etc.
- Familiarity with test equipment (traffic generators, power meters, etc.).
- Strong PC and Unix skills are required including general knowledge of computers, MS Office applications and Unix operating environment. Software programming and scripting is a plus.
- Solution development and problem-solving skills.
- Project management, time management, and organizational skills due to dynamic nature of activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communications as well as excellent presentation skills.
- Professionalism in attitude, conduct, and appearance.
Please note that due to the volume of expected applications, only shortlisted individuals will be contacted.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's