We have a current opportunity for a Program Manager on a contract basis. The position will be based in Sydney. For further information about this position please apply.
The primary purpose of the Program Manager is to undertake the task of developing a strategy for the transformation of the HR, Finance and Administration functions, through business transformation, incorporating an ERP enhancement program. This role will lead the transformation of the HR & Finance administration functions to develop efficiencies through both business process improvement and technology platform enhancement. This role works under broad direction, is self-initiated, and performs an extensive range and variety of complex work activities.
The role is fully responsible for meeting allocated objectives, establishes milestones and has a significant role in the assignment of tasks and/or responsibilities. Makes critical decisions which impact the success of assigned work, such as results, milestones and budget. Has significant influence over the allocation and management of resources appropriate to work. Leads on user/customer collaboration throughout all stages of work. Ensures stakeholder's needs are met consistently through each work stage.
This role is familiar with recognised industry bodies of knowledge, actively seeks out new knowledge for own personal development and the mentoring or coaching of others.
Specific accountabilities for this role include:
* Provide strategic leadership and advice around the delivery of complex programs to achieve the business objectives, business benefits & business value. This includes the ongoing management of scope, risks and issues, control, monitor and report end to end program status.
* Develop a business transformation strategy for each of the HR, Finance & Administration functions that contains reasons for change, expected extent of transformation of each function and governance approach.
* Strategically map-out program schedule, timeline, budget & benefits, and assist in securing and managing funding for the planned program of work.
* Manage key relationships with Program stakeholders, including stakeholder consultation and support for business transformation.
* Provide expert, specialist advice to support transformation programs, providing strategy and services to support the resolution of conflicting demands and/or designs and initiatives that continue to mature this capability.
* Monitor, prioritise and guide on market and environmental trends, business strategies and objectives, and identify the business benefits of alternative strategies.
* Develop and lead the presentation of business cases for high-level initiatives, and prioritise to progress opportunities to invest more broadly for greater business benefit.
* Proactively identify and escalate potential risks. Contribute to the development of risk management plans, establishment of risk controls and performance of risk mitigation activities.
* Provide organisational leadership, including developing, managing and engaging teams, driving a strong customer centric culture and healthy engagement within the organisation.
* Promote a culture of continuous improvement, championing professional standards, innovation and professional method.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field and or extensive equivalent service experience in Program and Project management.
* Extensive experience and knowledge of project management methodologies and techniques, Certifications (e.g., PMP, PgMP, Prince2, Agile & PMBOK). Proactively identify and escalate potential risks.
* Successfully developed, planned and implemented an ERP system in a large organisation in the last 5 years.
* Exposure to working in large complex environment and proven track record of managing programs of work and experience in dealing with diverse stakeholders.
* Substantial procurement, commercial and business management experience. This includes partnering with external suppliers, establishing and maintaining superior working relationships with suppliers, and leading and managing blended teams.
* Strong knowledge of governance, reporting and performance management processes with the ability to adapt to best meet the requirements of the organisation.
* Strong analytical skills, effective business planning and budgeting skills with demonstrated experience in strategic and operational planning.
* Strong leadership and people management skills, with significant experience in building effective / high performance teams along with developing and retaining staff.
* Versatile, results-oriented, with a continuous improvement focus and ability to influence outcomes with both senior leaders and other stakeholders throughout the organisation.
* Demonstrated creativity, innovation and ethical thinking in applying solutions for the benefit of the customer/stakeholder.
* Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills including the ability to develop effective relationships and influence key stakeholders at all levels in the organisation.
* Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.