Program Risk Manager
|Job Title:||Program Risk Manager|
|Job Published:||May 22, 2019 11:30|
Our client is seeking a Programme Risk Manager to work on a large new IT Program starting in Melbourne for a period of up to 12 months, with 2 x 12 month extension options. Please NOTE:- Australian Citizenship Essential.
Broadly, the Programme Risk Manager is a key role within the IPO, responsible for the management and implementation of risks and issues across the Programme. The role ensures all programme and project risks and issues are identified and managed using the Risk Management Framework and Issues Management Framework. The Programme Risk Manager is responsible for oversight and coordination of team activities, including applying best practice risk and issues management approaches and actions outlined in the Risk Management Framework across multiple delivery methodologies to ensure projects identify and manage risks, thus reducing the exposure across the programme. They will work with internal stakeholders to develop comprehensive risk profiles for projects and workstreams, and will support the identification and management of programme risks and issues.
The Programme Risk Manager’s key duties will include:
• Critically analysing risks and issues to draw out causes, controls and treatments with key stakeholders;
• Supporting implementation of programme risk and issues management approach and processes across a large-scale programme, incorporating project risks into an overall risk profile;
• Organising, facilitating, and contributing to risk workshops with senior stakeholders, looking for linkages and duplication across the programme;
• Identifying and extracting risk, issues, and mitigation data from core business systems and establishing dashboards of data and information to enhance insight into business activity;
• Applying risk and issues management approaches and process to programme delivery methodologies in a practical way;
• Providing high-level risk and issues advice and guidance to staff and programme executives; and
• Working with other IPO teams to ensure function contributes tangible value to programme effort and outputs.
Key knowledge and skills required to undertake the role include:
• High-level interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to engage with all stakeholders effectively and sensitively in both written and verbal formats;
• High-level strategic analysis skills to demonstrate understanding of programme risks and issue profiles and areas of focus;
• Highly developed strategic planning skills to determine work priorities and deliver business outcomes;
• Strong leadership skills to engage and develop staff, including knowledge transfer;
• Sound strategic and evaluation skills to assess organisational impacts, risks, and benefits within the broader environment;
• Sound experience in project management, especially risk and issue management; and
• Solid understanding of legislation, policies, procedures, information management requirements, and business systems and tools (including SharePoint and Excel).
Experience in agile delivery or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is desired.
APPLY NOW by submitting your CV in Word Format to David South firstname.lastname@example.org and call me on 0412 676 141
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's