|Job Title:||Project Officer|
|Location:||Canberra, Australian Capital Territory|
|Contact Name:||Chins Christopher|
|Job Published:||February 08, 2022 12:30|
ASAP Start | Flexible Location
Initial contract for 6 months with possibility of extensions
Ability to obtain baseline security clearance
Be a part of a collaborative governmental team, as a project officer, that delivers regulatory assessment and inspections of goods, across the bio-security continuum (offshore, at the border and onshore) to verify compliance with Australia's bio security requirements.
The Cargo Operations Pathway Cargo Operations works with policy and risk owners to influence and inform operational policy and deliver regulatory functions in accordance with legislative requirements, national standards and within an integrated, risk-based operating model.
The BOD Data Centre (BDC) sits within the Data & Automation Section. The BDC is a data analysis, and workforce management team that supports the branch in optimising the workforce and supports the division to connect decision makers to data and insights that better inform their decisions.
We are looking for people who are:
- Team-oriented and have the energy and determination to succeed.
- Flexible and adaptable to meet immediate needs and future challenges
- Supportive of, and engage with, the client as a regulator
- Committed to providing a high-quality experience for all users of Australia's bio-security system
- Open, accountable and of high integrity and able to exercise sound judgement and make evidence-based decisions
- Passionate and committed to serving and delivering the right outcomes to the Australian community
The key responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the development, management and delivery of bio-security data related projects including reporting
- Bringing a flexible and responsive approach to project delivery in a fast-paced operating environment
- Assist in identifying and delivering key opportunities and deliverables for bio-security data
- Effectively coordinate and manage bio-security data project risks
- Build and maintain positive relationships with business partners based on trust by understanding and anticipating their needs
- Develop and deliver briefing materials.
The successful applicant would be required to have:
- Experience in program or project management.
- Experience in using Microsoft applications such as Teams, SharePoint, Azure, Power Apps.
- Ability to confidently present messages in a clear, concise, and articulate manner.
- Can think creatively in a fast-paced environment.
- Exercise initiative, flexibility, good judgement, and discretion
- Work well independently and as part of a nationally disperse team.
- Experience in, or an understanding of, Bio-security is advantageous
About the Company:
FinXL fosters a high-performing, inclusive workplace built on a foundation of excellence, respect and dignity. We take corporate social responsibility seriously through our ongoing activities with communities and staff involvement in these efforts. We are committed to environmentally friendly practices in both our own operations and our work with clients.
To be considered please send applications or contact Chins on 02 6243 6409 to discuss further.
FinXL does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.
FinXL encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Western Sydney, New South Wales
Daily rate: $1000-$1100 inc
Senior Program Officer
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
Project Interface Manager
Sydney CBD, New South Wales
$900-1080inc super per day
Project Coordinators x 2
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
Project Manager - Contract 6m+
Wellington Central, Wellington