|Job Title:||Project Officer|
|Location:||Canberra, Australian Capital Territory|
|Contact Name:||Chins Christopher|
|Job Published:||February 21, 2022 10:25|
ASAP Start | Canberra Location
12 months contract with multiple 12 months extensions
NV1 clearance with ability to upgrade to NV2 or PV
FinXL is seeking, for its federal government client, skilled candidate to provide project management assistance and project support services to prepare Capability Development Documentation and to assist with the review and clearance processes for capability project documentation in preparation for the Gate 0 and Gate 1 submission.
The successful candidate will need to possess a flexible approach to meeting deliverables, and will need to work collaboratively with the Commonwealth and the other service providers contracted to the Commonwealth. This includes the ability constructively manage/incorporate feedback provided by the Commonwealth and its contracted service providers in the development of deliverables.
The key responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the development of the project's Capability Definition Documentation, and any other plans:
- Assist in amending and converting the Needs Statement into a requirement statement that can, when required, be developed as a contract.
- Assist in the development of the Gate 0 Business Case and other Capability related documents.
- Assist in the preliminary assessment of the Fundamental Input to Capability options to support the need statement.
- Assist in the development of the Operational Concept Document and Gate 1 Business Case, and other capability related documents.
- Assist in the scope development of the project across a broad range of technical disciplines including communication networks, sensors, Integrated Fire Control, weapons, Security and Command and Control.
- Assist in the options development process. This will include working closely with the Integrated Project Management Team who will lead in refining and executing the acquisition strategies.
- Manage workshop(s) with relevant stakeholders to inform the project operational planning and enable appropriate tailoring of supporting documentation, based on project risk.
- Manage the analysis of policies and documents to ensure that project concepts are nested and aligned with the multi-domain program.
- Ad hoc support. Provide ad hoc support (as required) including but not limited to:
- Participate in IPTs and/or working groups, as required.
- Undertake document management procedures of key documents to ensure clear audit trails of critical documentation and adherence to record keeping and storage policies.
- Prepare documentation to support executive briefings and project/program planning.
- Liaise with Program Management Office and other stakeholders, as required.
The successful applicant would be required to have:
- Previous experience in a Project Management Support role supporting critical projects.
- Qualifications in Project management, Capability Technology Management or accreditation in Systems Engineering or Requirements Engineering.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in the development of Defence Capability Life Cycle definition documents.
- Demonstrate strong and effective written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to influence a wide range of stakeholders.
About the Company:
FinXL fosters a high-performing, inclusive workplace built on a foundation of excellence, respect and dignity. We take corporate social responsibility seriously through our ongoing activities with communities and staff involvement in these efforts. We are committed to environmentally friendly practices in both our own operations and our work with clients.
To be considered please send applications or contact Chins on 02 6243 6409 to discuss further.
FinXL does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.
FinXL encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Western Sydney, New South Wales
Daily rate: $1000-$1100 inc
Senior Program Officer
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
Project Interface Manager
Sydney CBD, New South Wales
$900-1080inc super per day
Project Coordinators x 2
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
Project Manager - Contract 6m+
Wellington Central, Wellington