|Job Title:||Project Scheduler|
|Location:||Canberra, Australian Capital Territory|
|Contact Name:||Chins Christopher|
|Job Published:||February 03, 2022 14:54|
ASAP Start | Canberra Location
Initial contract for 1 year with 1-year extension
A federal government client is seeking a Project scheduler to be the conduit between all areas of the business, interpreting Project needs and developing feasible schedules in alignment with budget and agreed timelines resource availability and system dependencies.
The key responsibilities include:
- Manage and control assigned project schedules in support of project management and governance deliverable
- Assist in the coordination of the development and maintenance of project planning activities
- Accountable for ensuring that outcomes from planning activities are progressed
- Analyse project performance using a range of measurement and analytical techniques, and provided tools
- Build and sustain effective relationships with team members and actively participate in team work and group activities
- Work collaboratively with all stakeholders, operate as an effective team member and provide constructive feedback
- Display initiative to prioritise and progress work to meet business objectives.
- Resolve problems using expertise and initiatives to identify alternative courses of action
- Prepare reports and documentation relating to project planning and performance
- Conduct monthly schedule status meetings, then update schedule using information obtained during meetings
The successful applicant would be required to have:
- At least 5 years relevant experience in working with complex project schedules
- Experience in scheduling using Deltek Open Plan Professional (OPP)
- Current authorisation to access Open Plan Professional (OPP) or relevant qualifications in OPP which will meet requirements for OPP User - Request for OPP Access.
- Demonstrated strong background and experience in large and complex programs
- Well-developed understanding of contemporary PM methodologies coupled with proven understanding of Project Controls, Scheduling and Risk Management.
- Ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels and across the customer/contractor boundaries.
- Advanced skill-sets in Executive Level Project Reporting and a thorough understanding of Project financial Management
- Experience in scheduling for a Competitive Evaluation Process.
- Experience in scheduling within an OPP Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) environment
- Experience in scheduling using critical path methodology
- Proficiency in MS Office applications including Project, Excel, and Visio
- Clear understanding of the Defence capability life-cycle. (desirable)
About the Company:
FinXL fosters a high-performing, inclusive workplace built on a foundation of excellence, respect and dignity. We take corporate social responsibility seriously through our ongoing activities with communities and staff involvement in these efforts. We are committed to environmentally friendly practices in both our own operations and our work with clients.
To be considered please send applications or contact Chins on 02 6243 6409 to discuss further.
FinXL does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.
FinXL encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Western Sydney, New South Wales
Daily rate: $1000-$1100 inc
Project Interface Manager
Sydney CBD, New South Wales
$900-1080inc super per day
Project Coordinators x 2
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
Project Manager - Contract 6m+
Wellington Central, Wellington
PMO Assurance Analyst
North Shore, New South Wales
Daily rate: $900-$990