Who we are:
FinXL IT Professional Services is an innovative Australian owned company providing our clients with technology enabled business solutions and consulting services.The Finite group is a multi-award winning consultancy recognised across Australia and New Zealand for excellence in recruitment for the technology consultancy space. We have 20 years of year on year success. Our teams specialise in the following areas of technology recruitment (contract and permanent): DevOps | Business Intelligence | Big Data | Analytics | Infrastructure | Engineering | Digital; iOS Android| Front End Development| Back End Development | UX | UI | Research | Project Management | Change Management | AdOps | Service Delivery |
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Scrum Master to join one of the largest mainstream Banks in the Melbourne CBD.
As at March 2018, the New Payments Platform (NPP) launched in Australia, currently 82 institutions have enabled the NPP service as a hygiene feature of their transaction accounts. NPP enables payments in real-time.
Our client seekd to ensure customers’ expectations are met and that this feature is available in line with competitors’ offerings.
The solution will deliver real-time payment functionality via NPP. Specifically, it will look at enabling our clients customers via mobile and assisted channels, covering:
• Receive NPP payments
• Send NPP payments
The team as a whole is expected to deliver, using their payments experience and expertise, specifically NPP,
to provide consultation, guidance and advice on all matters relating to understanding what it would take to deploy NPP in our clients business and shall support the client to prepare requirements and risk profile.
Assist in assessing whether the NPP platform and associated services meet the functional, technical and performance specifications (requirements) as communicated by the client.
Assist with testing, including identifying issues and root causes, trouble shooting, defection resolution to find a workable solution.
The team shall share knowledge to uplift our clients capability in NPP, including coaching of other team members.
Assist team members to complete our clients Scrum Team augmentation in Melbourne.
Specifically, the Scrum Master will;
• Coach and teach the team on Agile and collaborative ways of working
• Highly proficient and experienced in Scrum with prior experience coaching multiple teams
• Prior experience managing technical deliverables across multiple teams for a large program of work
• Working knowledge on APIs and Microservices desired to be able to effectively communicate and navigate through inter and intra team dependencies.
• Prior Banking and NPP experience desirable
Duties will include:
• Build a trusting and safe environment for the API team thereby resulting in a high-performance culture
• Facilitate an environment of customer centricity and alignment to our clients Strategic goals
• Being pragmatic and diplomatic in working alongside with our clients counterparts and helping the team resolve key impediments
• Facilitate the process for the team to demonstrate their ways of working – processes, artefacts, tooling, working agreements, social contracts, group learning and community of practices etc.
• Build a trustworthy partnership with the Product Owner and Product Manager to ensure that the Product Backlog is well managed.
• Work closely with the Product Owner to manage critical system and workflow dependencies with downstream Core Banking teams
• Coach the team to set their sprint goals and achieve good cadence in scrum ceremonies - daily stand ups, backlog refinement, sprint planning, review and retrospective
• Coach the team on planning releases on a regular basis. Work closely with other Banking scrum counterparts in Sydney on quarterly release planning sessions and other collaborative forums to deliver on the banking feature roadmap.
• Coach the team to be accountable to release plans. Communicate key impediments, delivery/release plans and progress to our clients Sydney counterparts and stakeholders in a clear, concise and timely fashion.
• Coach team to conduct team health checks on a regular basis according to our “Journey to High Performance" principles
• Working with technical stakeholders (Developers, Development Managers, Head of Technology, Infrastructure) and offer support to roll out and adopt CI/CD practices across scrum teams
• Coach team to participate in our clients Digital Showcases and take pride in demonstrating accomplishments to our wider community
• Solid understanding of the entire SDLC (software development lifecycle) with end to end delivery history.
• Overall 10+ years of experience in IT and Software Delivery
• At least 5+ years of experience as a Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
• Prior people management/leadership experience highly preferred
• Experience in operating in Scrum/Kanban methodologies
• Experience with these techniques/practices: TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration/Delivery/Deployment, Working principles and practices around Automation Testing
• Familiarity/working knowledge on SOA, Micro-services desired
• Excellent communication skills
If you would like to be considered, please send applications to Kamal Mann on firstname.lastname@example.org or click the apply button.
Please note: Given the expected volume of applications, only short listed applicants will be contacted.