FinXL IT Professional Services is an established, innovative Australian company, providing technology enabled business solutions and consulting services across a number of industries.
We are looking for an experienced security consultant to join our Melbourne based team on an inital 6months term.
The Security Consultant is required to work closely with stakeholders to deliver business focussed information security outcomes. This role is accountable for:
- Maturing the security status in consultation with technology/business owners to ensure a defence in depth approach to protecting critical environments and assets;
- Orchestrating the security requirements for major business transformation projects and ensuring projects are sufficiently resourced to manage their security obligations in delivery;
- Referencing current state security risks and controls maturity with the Security Group to provide projects with a baseline of security controls for their projects;
- Assessing and recommending standardised and integrated, fit for purpose tools and processes for development and project teams, in consultation with the Security functions;
- Contribute to the development of technical standards and other supporting documentation to enable consistent design and implementation of the controls;
- Responding quickly to business environment changes as new technology and services are introduced into the highly competitive telecommunications industry;
- Collaborating and integrating security practices, techniques and methods across all security teams to enable management reporting
Knowledge & Experience
- In excess of 3-5 years security governance, risk & compliance experience in large technically diverse organisations
- Knowledge of the value chain throughout security design (protection and detection) and implementation across a complex technology environment
- Industry recognised certification (CISSP, CISA, CISM etc.)
- Experience with control frameworks (eg ISO27000)
- Experience mentoring and skill sharing with peers and stakeholders
- Extensive experience in overseeing the delivery of security solutions
- Experience in the telecommunications or utilities industry
- Consulting and stakeholder management
- Working knowledge globally & nationally accepted security standards
If you fit the above, please do not hesitate to apply.
Please note that due to the volume of expected applications, only shortlisted individuals will be contacted