|Job Title:||Security Engineer|
|Location:||Melbourne CBD, Victoria|
|Contact Name:||Lena Dao|
|Job Published:||July 26, 2021 11:14|
FinXL IT Professional Services is an established, innovative Australian company, providing technology enabled business solutions and consulting services across a number of industries.
We are looking for experienced Security Engineers to join our Melbourne Team on an initial six months term with view to extend.
The Cyber Security Engineer will manage and deal with the day to day security challenges presented. Working with delivery and engineering teams, you will manage the security of customer data, security threats and vulnerabilities, and compliance with regulatory and contractual security compliance.
- Manage the security deliverable and obligations with internal and external customers, as well as external partners.
- Manage the security of confidential data, customer data, or partner data.
- Analyze security requirements, identify gaps, and advise on best practices.
- Act as a security Subject Matter Expert (SME) that is able to develop secure solutions alongside engineering teams.
- Evaluate and recommend future technologies.
- Educate internal customers on security best practices.
- Clearly and concisely present vulnerabilities to non-technical and technical audiences.
- Manage the planning for and response to security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Manage compliance with regulatory and contractual security requirements.
- Manage the development and maintenance of security management plans.
- Manage security accountabilities through the entire security lifecycle.
- Coach and support other less experienced security practitioners.
- Resolve security issues in satellite networks
- Manage security incidents by facilitating the acknowledgement, triage and restoration of network functionality and performance.
Qualifications / Attributes:
- Five to ten years of related experience required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate security risks and issues to both non-technical and technical audiences.
- Previous experience as a security SME for internal or external customers.
- Direct experience in public/private cloud environments, like AWS, OpenStack, or Azure.
- Experience working in a DevOps or SecDevOps environment.
- Extensive experience on threat modeling and identifying security risks in a myriad of ecosystems.
- Familiar with industry standards such as PCI-DSS and NIST.
- Familiar with Docker best practices.
- Understanding of hardening standards such as DISA STIG and CIS Benchmarks.
Working knowledge of TCP/IP.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's