Senior Automation Analyst
|Job Title:||Senior Automation Analyst|
|Location:||Canberra, Australian Capital Territory|
|Contact Name:||Rashmi Kapse|
|Job Published:||November 11, 2021 12:27|
Immediate Start | Canberra Location
Permanent position available
Baseline Clearance Required
Here is your opportunity to secure a long term engagement with our national security client working in Canberra inside a growing team.
FinXL IT Professional Services is an established innovative Australian company providing technology enabled business solutions and consulting services across a number of industries including Government, Telecommunications, Commercial and Finance. We currently have more than 850 consultants assisting our clients across Australia and are continuing to grow at a rapid pace. Through the delivery of services and implementation of new systems, processes and technology, we assist our clients to gain competitive advantage and reach new heights.
FinXL are looking to engage Senior Automation Analyst to work as part of small or large teams under direction, developing, applying, and assessing tests to analyse new and existing applications and systems.
The key responsibilities include:
- Perform script analysis, test estimation, track work against estimates, report variances to team management, and manage resources to ensure project deliverables are met.
- Extensive Analytical skills -Review project documents - with the ability to analyse highly complex systems and interdependencies, identifying key automation tests with a view on Return On Investment (ROI)
- Continuously monitor, analyse and provide recommendations to improve ROI and funnel effectiveness, as well as optimise and streamline existing scripts and processes
- Create, execute, and report high-quality test artefacts such as matrix, cases, defects, complex test data, ensuring adherence to section standards and guidelines.
- Set up execution schedules and maintain farm machines
- Responsible for identifying, designing, building, and maintaining test automation suites using appropriate tools
- Assist and maintain Test Automation Framework
- Provides recommendations towards financial planning and budgeting within the project, and using sound judgement collates and provides an analysis of financial data and reports to facilitate decision making.
- Assist in identifying and implement individual and team training and development plans, and monitor progress to remedy knowledge and skill gaps.
- Working with manual testers, developers, and BAs to ensure upstream test planning is optimised for the efficient delivery of automated testing
- Provide clear and concise comments, which needs to be accurate and representative to the test artefacts (STLC), ensuring they meet the standards of the section
- Raise defects and monitor defect queues for yourself and peers, advising when queues are not actioned promptly as per section guidelines
- A minimum of Baseline level security clearance.
- Six (6) years or more experience in automation testing or quality assurance roles.
- High level of capability with a range of test automation tools and languages, such as UFT, LeanFT, Selenium, Java, Rest Assured, Maven and SoapUI.
- Certification in automation tools.
- ISTQB Foundation Certificate or equivalent certificate or equivalent, or relevant practical experience (mandatory).
- ISTQB Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst or equivalent (mandatory).
- ISTQB Foundation Agile Extension Certificate or equivalent (mandatory).
- ISTQB Advanced Level Test Automation Engineer or equivalent (mandatory).
- Experience or knowledge of a wide variety of testing tools, testing techniques/methodologies, and effort required to undertake specific testing activities.
- Experience with Agile delivery methodologies.
- ISTQB Advanced Level Agile Technical Tester or equivalent (optional)
- ISTQB Foundation Level Mobile Application Testing or equivalent (optional)
- Experience with DevOps, CI/CD practices
- Certification in performance tools.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive annual salary with fixed monthly pay
- 10 days per annum sick/carers leave
- 20 days accrued annual leave and fully paid Public Holidays
- Training allowance for work-related training
- Membership of our excellent internal Referral Schemes
- Affiliations and Discounts
- Training, development and career progression
FinXL fosters a high-performing, inclusive workplace built on a foundation of excellence, respect and dignity. We take corporate social responsibility seriously through our ongoing activities with communities and staff involvement in these efforts. We are committed to environmentally friendly practices in both our own operations and our work with clients.
To be considered please send applications or contact Sinthu on 02 6243 6416 to discuss further.
FinXL does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.
FinXL encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's