Senior Project Analyst (M24)
|Job Title:||Senior Project Analyst (M24)|
|Job Published:||April 17, 2019 19:44|
Who we are:
FinXL IT Professional Services is an innovative Australian owned company providing our clients with technology enabled business solutions and consulting services.The Finite group is a multi-award winning consultancy recognised across Australia and New Zealand for excellence in recruitment for the technology consultancy space. We have 20 years of year on year success. Our teams specialise in the following areas of technology recruitment (contract and permanent): DevOps | Business Intelligence | Big Data | Analytics | Infrastructure | Engineering | Digital; iOS Android| Front End Development| Back End Development | UX | UI | Research | Project Management | Change Management | AdOps | Service Delivery |
This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional Senior Project Analyst to join one of the largest mainstream Banks in the Melbourne CBD. They embrace collaboration and have solid strategic goals in place that will give you the opportunity to really reshape their investment and asset management departments.
• Home Lending is an attractive business that makes up c. 60% of our client’s balance sheet and has delivered c. 53% of the clients Australian Banking (underlying) revenue growth between FY15 – FY17
• The changing internal and external environment highlights several challenges for the Home Lending value chain
• The client’s Executive Leadership Team (ELT) has prioritised the end-to-end Home Lending value chain as a key focus area which will be critical to addressing these challenges and solidifying NAB’s position in the market
• In addition to addressing APRA’s concerns and reducing the number of weaknesses, our client has an opportunity to sustainably deliver a Home Lending experience that their customers and bankers will love
• The Home Lending portfolio is an $86m delivery portfolio (FY19 alone) that is currently undergoing a major transformation in how we prioritise and deliver change.
The Senior Project Analyst is required to support the establishment and ongoing efficient execution of the following:
• Develop and embed an effective operating rhythm for the projects, ensuring all reporting requirements (PAB, APRA, ECD, etc) are met. Support Program Manager and Product Owners in preparation of PAB packs and minutes
• Assist with the creation of a program plan to support the tracking of milestones at a program level and provide oversight to the development of plans for the projects streams
• Manage project resource accountabilities and tasks ensuring resource requirements are adequately aligned to project needs. Provide guidance and support for the onboarding of project members. Maintain teamplay records to reflect resource assignments
• Set up and maintain Financial tools with the program & project forecast and prepare financial information for updates to the business case, Project Advisory Board reporting, monthly PPM forecasts and variance analysis.
• Track actual spend to date against forecast and monitor the delivery of the project to approved budgets to ensure that the project is tracking within the business case likely costs, calling out adverse financial trends
• Support Product Owners with managing governance activities such as the Change Decision Tree (CDT), capturing risk and issues for the project, preparing monthly PPM Status Report and preparing information for the business case submissions
• Support procurement processes (including development of Statement of Works, etc.) and manage specification of procurement requirements, supplier delivery, cost and quality.
• Establish and monitor document management process for the project stream artefacts
• Ensure quality of project information (status reports, milestones, features etc) in various tools.
• Set up and maintain project-related tools e.g. Sharepoint, Clarity,
Duties will include:
Senior Project Analyst will be responsible and accountable for the below.
• Familiar with Project Standards and Methodologies including NWOW, Primavera Project Management tools beneficial
• Knowledge of PPM Project Management tool and Clarity preferred
• Knowledge of financial processes including forecasting, month-end adjustments
• Understanding of multiple client Divisions and/or jurisdictions
• Excellent analytical skills & capabilities
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Excellent Excel and project management tool knowledge (e.g. Sharepoint, Confluence, JIRA, Clarity etc).
• Exposure to programs with multiple streams
• Demonstrated experience with PMO analyst capabilities, particularly the management of financials, status reporting, preparation of material for governance bodies, project planning and monitoring
If you would like to be considered, please send applications to Mike Ryan at email@example.com or click the apply button.
Please note: Given the expected volume of applications, only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's