Senior Service Virtualisation Analyst
|Job Title:||Senior Service Virtualisation Analyst|
|Location:||Canberra, Australian Capital Territory|
|Contact Name:||Sinthu Thomas|
|Job Published:||June 28, 2021 14:09|
- Sep 2021 start | Canberra location
- Long term contracts
- Australian Citizenship - NV1 clearance required
FinXL IT Professional Services is an established innovative Australian company providing technology enabled business solutions and consulting services across a number of industries including Government, Telecommunications, Commercial and Finance. We currently have more than 850 consultants assisting our clients across Australia and are continuing to grow at a rapid pace. Through the delivery of services and implementation of new systems, processes and technology, we assist our clients to gain competitive advantage and reach new heights.
FinXL are seeking expression of interest from suitably qualified Senior Service Virtualisation Analysts to provide virtual service support.
The role requires you to:
- Under limited direction design, develop, test and maintain new Virtual Services in accordance with guidelines and in collaboration with stakeholders and technical lead.
- Configure and deploy virtual services in accordance with the applications operational model governed by application owners.
- Maintain, monitor and remediate the Virtual Service Environment (VSE) environments and servers in accordance to the vendor's recommendations, and ensuring fit for purpose.
- Applying sound judgement analyse potential solutions and provide to the technical lead a recommended solution to complex virtual service issues when alerted by stakeholders and/or IT Support.
- When required, analyse current and upcoming releases and/or out of cycle IT projects to extend virtual service utilisation that benefit development and testing efforts.
- Communicate and raise issues with vendors support teams and implement the resolutions and recommendations.
- Store and maintain relevant virtual service's documents in the departments approved record manager and maintaining virtual service assets in the Department's version-controlled repository.
- Assist technical lead to promote the adoption of virtual services through walkthroughs/demos to ICT stakeholders and project teams.
- Provide support and guidance to project teams for maintaining their own virtual service environments.
- Contribute to continual improvements in virtual service design builds and maintenance processes, as well as managing and improving virtual service design processes.
- Provides recommendations towards financial planning and budgeting within the project, and using sound judgement collates and provides an analysis of financial data and reports to facilitate decision making.
- Assist in identifying and implement individual and team training and development plans, and monitor progress to remedy knowledge and skill gaps.
- Demonstrate ethical behaviour and integrity to enhance team culture and contribute to a positive workplace
- Actively participate in meetings for internal testing operations and may assist with external workshops
- Adapts easily to changes applying some judgement
- Establish and maintain stakeholder relationships across the ICT Division, business, and operational areas, internally and externally.
- Maintain professional networks to support portfolio and project outcomes
The key skills required are:
- One year experience or more in Service Virtualisation development.
- Completed all Virtual Service foundation courses from Broadcom.
- Experience or knowledge with web service technology SOAP, XML, REST, etc.
- Experience or knowledge with SQL queries.
- Experience or knowledge with MQ technology.
- Demonstrable knowledge of programming languages and scripting languages such as java, Linux shell scripting, BeenShell, Java IDE etc.
- Have knowledge of Git, Bitbucket, Maven and Nexus
- Good understanding of SSL for MQ authentication and encryption.
- Experience or knowledge with DevTest delivery methodologies, solutions and frameworks. (Desirable)
- Knowledge of the ESB technology; specifically, IBM WebSphere DataPower. (Desirable)
- Knowledge of database administration for MySQL, Oracle, DB2, MS SQL. (Desirable)
- Working knowledge with cloud computing, container management service such as Docker. (Desirable)
- Certified in Java programming language. (Desirable)
FinXL fosters a high-performing, inclusive workplace built on a foundation of excellence, respect and dignity. We take corporate social responsibility seriously through our ongoing activities with communities and staff involvement in these efforts. We are committed to environmentally friendly practices in both our own operations and our work with clients.
To be considered please send applications or contact Sinthu on 02 6243 6415 to discuss further.
FinXL does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.
FinXL encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Business Analyst
Canberra CBD, Australian Capital Territory
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
Sydney, New South Wales
Automation Test Analyst
Sydney, New South Wales
Senior React Native Developer
Melbourne CBD, Victoria