Senior/Lead Test Analyst
|Job Title:||Senior/Lead Test Analyst|
|Location:||Canberra, Australian Capital Territory|
|Contact Name:||Simmi Vakharia|
|Job Published:||September 10, 2021 16:59|
- Nov 2021 start | Canberra Location
- Initials contract for 12 months with extensions
- Australian Citizenship required - Baseline clearance required
FinXL IT/SCC Professional Services is an established innovative Australian company providing technology enabled business solutions and consulting services across a number of industries including Government, Telecommunications, Commercial and Finance. We currently have more than 850 consultants assisting our clients across Australia and are continuing to grow at a rapid pace. Through the delivery of services and implementation of new systems, processes and technology, we assist our clients to gain competitive advantage and reach new heights.
FinXL are looking to engage multiple Senior/Lead Test Analyst to support a new major project for one of our clients' here in Canberra.
The key responsibilities include:
- Implement the test strategy and test plan across all projects/change;
- Implement and adhere to testing methods and standards in line with department standards.
- Assist the Enterprise Testing and Quality Assurance section and other teams with testing activities this may include peer reviews, walk throughs;
- Provide estimates of testing effort and progress for project management and planning activities;
- Identify process improvements and assists in their implementation;
- Assign tasks to the test team and ensure timely delivery of test outcomes with quality results;
- Assist in the production release and review of all test deliverables;
- Ensure that the test environment requirements are clearly documented and agreed;
- Execution of test scripts (when required);
- Adhere to the Defect Management strategy to manage defects;
- Produce metrics to measure testing quality and progress.
- Escalate risks, issues and assumptions identified during test planning, design or execution and communicate them to the Test Manager;
- Work closely with business to clarify test requirements during test planning, design and execution;
- Support Test Manager in developing Test Estimates, Test Schedule(s), Impact Analysis and resource coordination
The key skills required are:
- Working independently, at the direction of the Test Manager, following testing processes.
- Experience using Azure DevOps or MicroFocus ALM and ALM Octane.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of testing practices and processes in agile and waterfall project environment.
- Datawarehouse testing and lead experience for Datawarehouse Test Lead role.
- Interagency testing and lead experience for Interagency Test Lead role.
- ISTQB Foundation Certificate or equivalent certificate, or relevant practical experience
- ISTQB Agile Tester certificate or equivalent.
- Tertiary qualification in IT
- Experience or knowledge of, DevOps, CI/CD pipelines and automation test tools.
FinXL fosters a high-performing, inclusive workplace built on a foundation of excellence, respect and dignity. We take corporate social responsibility seriously through our ongoing activities with communities and staff involvement in these efforts. We are committed to environmentally friendly practices in both our own operations and our work with clients.
To be considered please send in your application to Simmi and you can call on 02 6243 6460 to discuss further.
FinXL does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.
FinXL encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's