Finite are working with their partners to assist Defence and Industry in delivering some the most advanced, critical, complex and strategic acquisition and upgrade programs in our nation's history. As a result of continued success and trust; we are seeking Defence engineers with experience in aerospace structures and stress analysis for a 12-month contract opportunity.
In this role you will support our client's engineering team as they manage aero structures repair and modifications of military aircraft in heavy maintenance.
You will need to have a good grounding and understanding of hand stress and fatigue calculation of metallic structures. Finite element knowledge (ideally Patran/Nastran).
- Develop, review and manage Engineering tasks within your delegation
- Conduct engineering investigations, repairs, structural integrity reporting and modifications
- Actively participate in the improvement of the Design Assurance System
- Develop and approve engineering advice and Instructions for Continued Airworthiness in accordance with the level and scope of delegated Engineering Authority
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor of Engineering in Aerospace, Aeronautical, Mechanical, Mechatronics or compatible discipline from nationally accredited program or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of airframe structural principles including, analysis methods, materials and manufacturing processes, and through-life airframe sustainment, with an awareness of the commercial aspects
- Minimum 7+ years of post-graduate experience, preferably in a Defence environment
- Knowledge and understanding of airworthiness regulation, preferably DSAR
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must hold an active Baseline security clearance or higher
If you feel this is the opportunity for you, please submit your cv and covering letter in WORD FORMAT.
Who are Finite
Finite is an Australian owned, award winning independent Defence and Government technology recruitment company. We currently supply to many of the country's largest prime contractors, SMEs, PSPs, State and Federal Government organisations.