Technical Document Writer
|Job Title:||Technical Document Writer|
|Location:||Canberra, Australian Capital Territory|
|Contact Name:||Sinthu Thomas|
|Job Published:||December 01, 2021 17:15|
- Jan 2022 start | Canberra Location
- Initial contract for 15 months with another 2*12 months extensions
- NV1 clearance required
FinXL IT Professional Services is an established innovative Australian company providing technology enabled business solutions and consulting services across a number of industries including Government, Telecommunications, Commercial and Finance. We currently have more than 850 consultants assisting our clients across Australia and are continuing to grow at a rapid pace. Through the delivery of services and implementation of new systems, processes and technology, we assist our clients to gain competitive advantage and reach new heights.
FinXL are looking to engage two Technical Document Writers to assist with documentation and have technical writing expertise.
The key responsibilities include:
- Engage with product management, transition and in-service build teams to determine the content needed and develop appropriate suite of documentation.
- Control, monitor and evaluate content to ensure quality, consistency and accessibility of information.
- Design the content and appearance of complex information deliverables in collaboration with clients/users/stakeholders.
- Moderate content and ensures it can be reused and is sharable appropriately (within the security framework).
- Interpret raw data and information provided to optimise the development of the required information (e.g. for intranet and/or documents suite) to meet the user needs.
- Review work of other content designers for consistency and accuracy, and take responsibility for its publication.
- Understand the implications of publishing content and manages the risks of doing so.
- Provide advice and implement continual improvement initiatives to ensure efficient delivery of content and consistency across the directorate
The role requires you to have:
- Previous experience as a Technical writer in an ICT domain relevant to this work.
- Excellent communication (especially documentation) skills.
- Ability to work in an operational environment and be flexible to operational requirements
- Engineering background in any Information Telecommunications (ITC) engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of, and experience applying Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
- Knowledge or experience of through life support of IT.
- Demonstrated Technical Data Management experience.
FinXL fosters a high-performing, inclusive workplace built on a foundation of excellence, respect and dignity. We take corporate social responsibility seriously through our ongoing activities with communities and staff involvement in these efforts. We are committed to environmentally friendly practices in both our own operations and our work with clients.
To be considered please send applications or contact Sinthu on 02 6243 6415 to discuss further.
FinXL does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.
FinXL encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's