Technical Security Specialist
|Job Title:||Technical Security Specialist|
|Job Published:||July 15, 2020 14:03|
Our client is looking for a Technical Security Specialist with a strong understanding of ICT security policy within Commonwealth Government and a background in large and complex IT environments and projects. This Specialist will undertake technically complex work that will include IT security analysis and compliance assessments of systems.
They will be responsible for:
- Supporting the agile development of systems as an embedded security resource.
- Contributing to the secure development of systems, infrastructure and functional designs based on best-practice security frameworks, federal government security requirements and internal controls.
- Identifying and evaluating alternative designs to address security vulnerabilities detected early in a system’s development.
- Producing evaluation reports and security designs for systems.
- Supporting project management teams and the ITSA to deliver governance and management plans for systems during their design phase. (SOA, SRMP, SSPs)
- Supporting a change program or project through the preparation of technical plans and application of design principles that comply with enterprise and solution architecture standards (including security).
This role will suit a Specialist who has a desire to define and deliver real outcomes and who is comfortable working with ambiguity. You will have the drive to make an impact and contribute to a program that is making real change! You will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team and demonstrate integrity whilst achieving results
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence, negotiate outcomes and manage complex stakeholder relationships
- Significant experience working as a Security Specialist with large scale ICT projects in Federal Government
- Experience in undertaking ICT security compliance and risk assessments
- Demonstrated ability to deliver information security solutions that meet business requirements and align with risk and compliance obligations
- A sound knowledge of Federal Government security policy
- Tertiary and/or Industry qualifications in ICT Security Operations and/or Cyber Security or related field will be highly regarded
- MUST have NV1 Security Clearance
Apply now! Applications close COB, Friday 17th July 2020.
Who are we?
FinXL IT Professional Services was established in 2003 by parent company, the Finite Group, and has an international presence with nine offices across ANZ. FinXL delivers a range of high value ICT professional services, consulting and solutions to medium to large enterprises and government organisations, including many ASX 200 corporations. Service offerings include Digital Transformation, Business Transformation, Project Services, Information Services, Security & Infrastructure, Software Solutions and Technology Services. FinXL won the prestigious ABA100 Australian Business Award for Training in 2019 and Business Innovation the previous year. With Group revenues exceeding $450 million in FY18, (these results are underpinned by a high performing team with an average tenure of 5+ years with the group.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's