Our Client is looking for a Data Engineer to join their organisation and to expand and optimise their Data & Analytics platform through the ingestion, transformation and provisioning of data for Insights teams.
ACCOUNTABILITIES (Tasks & Decisions):
- Design, Build, Test and Deploy highly available & reliable data pipelines, architectures, and data structures (data sets, views, data marts etc) leveraging relevant tools Drive further business value creation by leveraging new and emerging data platform toolsets as part of an innovation pipeline.
- Assemble large, complex structured and unstructured data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements including security and governance.
- Update existing data models and metadata repositories for new use cases.
- Design and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes and reconciliations, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the technology required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Python and AWS data technologies.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Insights teams to resolve data-related technical issues and support their data needs.
- Keep data secure, documented, tagged and accurate
Experience and Skills:
- Solid understanding of Data & Analytics concepts and technologies including data warehousing, data lakes, ETL and visualisation and reporting, and how business value is created from these technologies.
- Skills in use of data engineering tools and languages including SQL, Python, Athena, Red Shift & Glue.
- Solid understanding of Data Architecture, Data modelling, Data marts and Metadata management best practice
- Exposure to Agile delivery including definition of User Stories
- Emerging Design thinking and Human centred design understanding
- Experience in working with Modern Data Platforms (AWS, Azure etc.)
If you are someone with the following skills, Please apply through the link below and we get in touch with the suitable candidates.