Data Governance Specialist
We're looking for a Data Governance Specialist for our financial services client.
- Lead the creation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) across multiple record
management practices e.g. Retention & Disposition, Privacy & Consent, Data Classification; including the design of relevant templates.
- Lead the design and embedment of a conceptual data ownership model across the
organisation aligned to industry standards.
- Provide expert advice to help shape the design of an Enterprise Data Governance Model.
- Establish links across the organisation to ensure the Data Governance Framework aligns to
other group frameworks e.g., Group Information Security Classification Framework.
- Proactively manage and cultivate cross functional relationships to uplift data governance
- Facilitate training sessions to educate the business on how to apply the Data Governance
- Framework in practice and providing ongoing support.
Skills and Experience required:
- Strong experience (approximately 5 years) as a data or information management
professional in relevant roles including Data Governance, Analyst or Engineer
- (Desirable) Understanding of data principles, models, and management techniques.
- (Desirable) Data Architecture, with knowledge of data warehousing, data integration and
- (Desirable) Personal or commercial insurance knowledge and experience
- (Desirable) Records Management, including archiving and disposition
- Working knowledge of data quality techniques and monitoring processes
- Familiarity with data governance tooling (Lineage, Metadata, and Data Quality)
- Policy writing and implementation
- Understanding of risk management principles (including data risk management)
About the company
FinXL I.T Professional Services is an innovative Australian owned company providing our clients with technology enabled business solutions and consulting services. As the 'go-to' mid-tier Service Provider for many Australian and International clients, FinXL enjoys a diverse client portfolio, boasting some of the industry's leading: Telecommunication, Banking and Finance and Commercial Corporations, along with many State and Federal Government Departments.
To apply for this fantastic opportunity, please create an up-to-date C.V and 'Apply Now'.